HISTOIRE de FSRD
The Faculty of Visual Arts and Designs (FSRD) was established on August 20, 2014 based on the Regulation of the Minister of Education and Culture No. 82 of 2014 and has since become the tenth faculty of Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) Solo. As a new faculty established in a large university that already has 9 well established faculties, FSRD is challenged to synergize and to grow bigger.
Universitas Sebelas Maret was established on March 11, 1976, based on Presidential Decree no. 10/1976. It was originaly named Universitas Negeri Surakarta Sebelas Maret (March Eleventh State University), and then it was changed to Universitas Sebelas Maret or abbreviated as UNS. Universitas Sebelas Maret was originally merged from several universities in Surakarta City, such as Institut Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Negeri Surakarta (Surakarta Institute of Teacher Training and Education/IKIP), Akademi Administrasi Niaga (Surakarta Academy of Business Administration/AAN), Sekolah Tinggi Olah Raga Surakarta (Surakarta College of Sport/STO), Fakultas Kedokteran Perguruan Tinggi Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Cabang Surakarta (Medical Faculty of Pembangunan Nasional Veteran University of Surakarta/PTPN), dan Universitas Gabungan Surakarta (UGS)
At present, Universitas Sebelas Maret has ten (10) Faculties and Graduate Programs consisting of:
- Faculty of Humannities
- Faculty of Teachers Training and Educations
- Faculty of Politics and Social Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economy and Business
- Medical Faculty
- Agricultural Faculty
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Faculty of Visual Arts and Designs
- Graduate and Post-Graduate Program
With the issue of Education Ministerial Decree Number 82 of 2014 concerning organization and administration of Sebelas Maret University, the Faculty of Literatures and Fine Arts of Sebelas Maret University was divided into two independent faculties, Faculty of Humannities (FIB) and Faculty of Visual Arts and Designs (FSRD). FSRD of Sebelas Maret University has several programs as follows :
To be the development center of arts, crafts, and quality designs at the international level based on National culture
- To provide education for the development of reasoning ability as well as artistic creativity, crafts and designs.
- To conduct interdisciplinary research that leads to the discovery of new inventions of arts, crafts and designs based on the cultural wisdom
- To conduct community service to create an independent society.
- To produce graduates in the field of fine arts, crafts and designs that are creative, innovative, adaptive, and productive.
- To produce scientific papers and innovations on arts, crafts and designs published at national and international levels.
- To help solve problems in the society through the application of arts, craft and designs sciences and technologies.
Achievement Orientation To work well and beyond the standard established and to continuously excell Customer Satisfaction To serve and meet customers’ need on satisfactory basis Teamwork To work as a team within the institution Integrity To be transparent, honest, just, and discipline Visionary To be able to set long term goals and adaptive toward changes within the institution Entrepreneurship To manage resources maximally in order to achieve added vallues from each opportunity
Drs. Ahmad Adib, M.Hum, Ph.D
Dr. Rahmanu Widayat, M.Sn.
Vice Dean of Academic Division
Dr. Sarwono, M.Sn.
Vice Dean of Financial and General Affair
Drs. Agus Nur Setyawan, M.Hum.
Vice Dean of Students and Alumni Affair